Update on return to playing and training
Owing to the updated roadmap announced last Friday evening 19th June 2020, The GAA have updated their timeline for returning to play guidelines.
The updated schedule is as follows:
- Open pitches for Adult training next Wednesday, June 24th.
- Open for Minor and below from Saturday, June 27th.
- Both of the above on a non-contact basis and on the understanding that players and all participants have completed the eLearning module and are following the control measures in place (health questionnaire etc).
- On the basis of a maximum of 15 players in a designated area of the field (26 Counties) and 10 players in a designated area of the field (6 Counties).
- Coaching numbers for underage teams to be consistent with Code of Behaviour.
From June 29th:
- Allow contact training and challenge games for all from Monday, June 29th (26 Counties).
- We await guidance from the NI Executive in relation to 6 Counties – non-contact training in the numbers outlined above in the interim.
- We also await clarification on what will constitute a close contact versus a casual contact.
- Restriction on participants-only attending training sessions to be relaxed from June 29th – subject to government specified maximum of 200 people in the ground.
- Allow Club Fixtures from Friday July 17th.
- No change to inter-county dates (Sept 14th for training; competitions to start on Oct 17th as planned).
- All control measures for players, coaches and other team personnel (completion of health questionnaire, eLearning education etc) is to remain in place until advised otherwise; dressing rooms to remain closed until July 20th
- The Advisory Committee is considering the position in relation to other GAA buildings (such as Club bars that are serving food, Gyms, Handball alleys etc). Guidance will be provided in this context before June 29th.
As you may also be aware, there will be a number of items that everyone associated with a club team needs to follow and complete before anyone can return to training/ playing.
Firstly a Health Questionnaire will need to be filled out by every adult player before they are allowed to return to training. These will be available in due course. This questionnaire will also need to be completed by Parents/Guardians of all underage players, again the underage groups will be contacted in due course regarding these.
Secondly anyone entering club grounds from Wednesday 24th June 2020, will need to compete the GAA’s Covid-19 Club Education eLearning Module before undertaking any club activities. This module is especially important for all Club Officiers/Covid Officiers, Players, Managers/Mentors/Coaches and Parents/Guardians of all underage players. Once the module is completed a certificate will be issued and this can shown to the Covid Officier/Supervisor before returning to play.
The link to the module is as follows:
All associated with Kilmacabea GAA Club will be delighted to welcome back all our players both adult and underage and all our club volunteers to the club grounds in the next few weeks.